LVHN Coordinated Health reopens rehab services
Lehigh Valley Health Network (LVHN) and Coordinated Health Rehabilitation Services have reopened for outpatient physical, occupational and speech therapy services and outpatient cardiac rehabilitation services.
Patients are being contacted for scheduling by members of the outpatient registration team.
During the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, nearly half of the therapy locations were closed to help reduce spread of the infection. As cases are gradually lessening, safety measures are now in place to provide in-person rehabilitation care. Those measures include:
1. Colleague and patient screenings: Every LVHN rehab colleague is screened before his or her shift begins, and all patients are screened for symptoms prior to their visit.
2. Thorough facility cleaning prior to your care: Rooms, equipment and common surfaces are sanitized before you receive care.
3. Added social distancing: Waiting rooms have been reorganized with staggered patient appointment times to prevent unnecessary contact with others.
4. Face coverings and protective equipment: Patients and visitors must wear face coverings. LVHN colleagues wear personal protective equipment.
5. Enhanced use of technology. The latest technology is being used to create touchless appointments and convenience, including telephone virtual visits, and electronic and video-based therapy visits through MyLVHN. Patients who need in-person care are to use eCheck-In through MyLVHN to reduce time needed for checking in.